Best Business Quotes to Inspire Entrepreneurs: Daily affirmations have long been used to boost self-esteem. They compel people to start their days on the right foot. But while letting a smile be your umbrella might fortify your positive attitude, it’s not going to inspire your business ventures.
Everyone must work, but for many of us that job isn’t just a paycheck, it’s an opportunity to express ourselves and make something better. Entrepreneurs and go-getters often feel as if they carry the weight of an entire organization on their backs, and therefore could always use a little extra motivation.
30 Best Business Quotes to Inspire Entrepreneurs
To all the entrepreneurs and go-getters out there, these 30 inspiring business quotes are for you. Now, get out there and change the world—one project at a time!
1. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
2. “Play by the rules, but be ferocious.” – Phil Knight
3. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
4. “Every problem is a gift—without problems, we would not grow.” – Anthony Robbins
5. “You only have to do a few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.” – Warren Buffett
6. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
7. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anaïs Nin
8. “There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas, what’s missing is the will to execute them.” – Seth Godin
9. “I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.” – G.K. Chesterton
10. “I don’t know the word ‘quit.’ Either I never did, or I have abolished it.” – Susan Butcher
11. “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
12. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” – Steve Jobs
13. “Almost everything worthwhile carries with it some sort of risk, whether it’s starting a new business, whether it’s leaving home, whether it’s getting married, or whether it’s flying into space.” – Chris Hadfield
14. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rodgers
15. “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” – Barack Obama
30 Great Business Quotes To Remember, Recite & Reuse
16. “Business has only two functions – marketing and innovation.” – Peter Drucker
17. “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein
18. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
19. “The first one gets the oyster, the second gets the shell.” – Andrew Carnegie
20. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
21. “Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right!” – Henry Ford
22. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
23. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
24. “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
25. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
26. “I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity.” – Oprah Winfrey
27. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estée Lauder
28. “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.” – Babe Ruth
29. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
30. “The only way around is through.” – Robert Frost
Are you feeling inspired?
Before you go, don’t forget to equip yourself with the tools that will take that ambition and give it the means to achieve your lofty goals.